Good strategies include:
- If you’re a smoker, quit.
- Maintain a healthy weight and eat a healthy diet low in calories and saturated fats.
- Exercise regularly—try starting with 30 minutes of walking 3 times per week, and increase as you are able.
- If you have diabetes, manage your blood sugar.
- Use medications if necessary to manage high blood pressure or cholesterol.
For help dealing with a painful or problematic circulatory condition affecting your feet or legs, call the experts at Carolina Podiatry Group for an evaluation and treatment options. You can request an appointment online, or call 888-569-9559.